. Either of you had to vie for affection.
13. You or they were constantly worried about what the other was doing when you were apart.
14. Even small conflicts turned into tumultuous arguments.
15. There were double standards — things that one of you could do that the other couldn’t.
16. Either of you were continually threatening to end the relationship.
17. The relationship more often felt draining than it did uplifting.
18. Your friends and family think the two of you are better off apart.
19. You depended more on others for emotional support than you did your significant other.
20. You often found yourself lashing out at your partner, sometimes without really knowing why.
21. Your lives never fully (or easily) melded together.
22. You were more often worried about your future together than you were excited for it.